In this tutorial I show how the default 2-column Title + Featured image Portfolio CPT archive grid in Minimum Pro can be replaced with a dynamic 3-column grid with Title and Excerpt appearing on top of featured images on hover. Additionally there will be a row of Portfolio Type custom taxonomy's terms above the images to filter and show Portfolio entries that only belong to a particular Type. Screenshot: Screencast: What's covered:
- Registering a custom Portfolio Type custom taxonomy
- Adding support for the Portfolio Type taxonomy to Portfolio CPT.
- Adding support for Archives Settings for Portfolio CPT so that Archive Headline and Archive Intro Text can be entered.
- Adding Portfolio Type Taxonomy to columns when viewing the list of Portfolio CPT entries in the WP admin.
pre_get_postshook to display all Portfolio items on the archive pages.
- Using archive-portfolio.php for Portfolio Type taxonomy archives using Template Redirect via
- Using Isotope to set up filtering.
- Showing Portfolio Type hyperlinked terms on Portfolio single entry pages.
Step 1In functions.php a) replace
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.