This article is based on my post titled Staff CPT Grid in Genesis.
Below are the primary differences:
1. Usage of Column Classes for the grid, thanks to code from Bill Erickson.
2. Clicking on Staff Member's photo will display that member's bio (Staff CPT entry excerpt) in a lightbox via FooBox (commercial plugin).
We are going to:
- Register 'Staff' CPT using Types.
- Create 'Staff Position' custom taxonomy attached to 'Staff' CPT using Types.
- Use PHP template files for Staff CPT archive page and single Staff Member entry page.
- Use FooBox for lightbox.
- Write necessary CSS to take care of responsive styling.
Staff CPT Archive page:
When a staff member's photo is clicked, that CPT entry's Post Excerpt will be shown in a lighbox:
Staff single entry:
Install and activate Types.
Add Staff CPT like so:
Ensure that Thumbnail is ticked under 'Display Sections'.
Add Staff Position custom taxonomy like so:
Go to Staff Members > Add New and create your Staff members entries.
Add the following in child theme's functions.php:
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.