This article covers setting up filters in a text widget inside a custom sidebar on WooCommerce product archive pages in Genesis using FacetWP and SearchWP (both commercial plugins). We shall
- add support for WooCommerce in Genesis w/o using the Genesis Connect for WooCommerce plugin
- add the class needed for FacetWP to main.content
- force content-sidebar layout setting
- register and display a custom Primary sidebar
- place shortcodes for displaying the FacetWP filters in a text widget in the custom sidebar
Step 1Install and activate FacetWP and SearchWP.
Step 2If you have Genesis Connect for WooCommerce plugin activated, deactivate it. If the following is already present in your child theme's functions.php file, comment it out or delete it:
add_theme_support( 'genesis-connect-woocommerce' );
Step 3Add the following in child theme's functions.php:
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.