In the comments section of my A simple Portfolio Archive Grid in Genesis tutorial, Tom asked:
I am trying to create a page template so that I can have the portfolio on a different page (no luck so far). Or is there a simpler way to accomplish this?
There are several ways this can be done depending on where the portfolio grid should appear on the page. For maximum flexibility, in this tutorial I am going to show Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget can be used to display grid of Portfolio Custom Post Type entries via a custom shortcode.
- Register a custom image size for Portfolio images
- Register Portfolio Grid widget area
- Create a shortcode that outputs the above widget area
- Populate the widget area with Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget
- Place the shortcode in WP editor (Page or Post) wherever the Portfolio Grid should appear
Register a CPT for Portfolio either using code or a plugin like Portfolio Post Type.
Add CPT entries while setting featured images for each.
Install and activate Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget plugin.
At Appearance > Widgets drag a 'Genesis Sandbox - Featured Content' widget into the 'Portfolio Grid' widget area and configure it.
Add the following in child theme's functions.php:
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.
Thanks this will come in handy