In this article I show how we can display a horizontal opt-in form with a full width background in Genesis.
Summary of steps:
- Register a custom widget area for our Horizontal Opt-in
- Display this Opt-in widget area after header + navigation on homepage
- Enqueue Backstretch on homepage
- Set the desired image as background for the horizontal opt-in div via Backstretch
- Populate the custom widget area with a Genesis eNews Extended plugin's widget
Upload jquery.backstretch.min.js to child theme directory/js. Ex.: at wp-content/themes/genesis-sample/js/jquery.backstretch.min.js. Create js directory if it does not exist.
Create a file named backstretch-init.js having the following code and upload it to the same location as above.
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.