Soliloquy is perhaps the best WordPress slider plugin out there. It is simple, light-weight, very well optimized for speed and comes with excellent support.
In this article I show how we can set up a full width responsive Soliloquy slider below the Navigation in Genesis.
Summary of steps:
- [Optional] Load Arvo Google font for slide title and Call to Action button text
- Register Home Slider widget area
- Display Home Slider widget area's contents below Navigation on homepage
- Upload slides and configure Soliloquy especially the HTML for captions to show a title, content and a CTA button
- Add CSS to ensure that slide images go full width, style caption elements and display the caption below images at lower widths.
Add the following in child theme's functions.php:
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.