In the members-only forum a user asked:
Hello, To be more specific, like this one: http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/rj-learned-to-code-and-made-the-switch-from-accountant-to-skilled-front-end-developer I believe this is an awesome layout for a single post. Also done here: (Seems to be on Genesis too) http://chrislema.com/rainmaker-marketing-automation/ *If that already exists please drop a link here. Searched for it but can’t find something. Thanks! Update: This one looks even better! https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/letting-clients-go/In this article I share how wpmudev's single Post layout can be set up in Genesis. Featured image (if present) or a placeholder image (if a featured image is not present) will appear below the header. Breadcrumbs will appear overlayed near the top of the image aligned to right. Title, linked categories, comment link, published date will appear centered near the middle. At bottom left, the linked tags. We shall create a template for single Posts and write the code to
- force full width content
- remove 'You are here' from breadcrumbs
- remove breadcrumbs, entry title, post info and entry meta from their default location
- create a function to show unordered list of linked tags with "#" prepended before the tags' text
- register a custom shortcode that displays gravatar of the post's author
- display a div.single-hero section after header and set its background image to the featured image or to a hard-coded image in case the post does not have a featured image; add HTML interspersed with PHP necessary to show breadcrumbs, title, post info and entry meta.
- add the necessary CSS
While the tutorial has been written for Genesis Sample child theme it should work with some adjustments in any Genesis child theme.Update on March 21, 2016: Dynamik specific steps are added at the end.
Step 1Create a file named single-post.php in child theme directory having the following code:
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.