In the comments section of How to make Utility Bar and Header fixed in Minimum Pro, a user asked:
I am using the latest version: version 3.2.1, purchased May 18, 2016
For background information purposes, what I am trying to do is to have a fixed utility bar (as per Carrie Dills) with a fixed header. I want a responsive image and I want a Genesis header with logo, primary nav and social icons in line with the logo in the header.
I have used your information to generate the responsive image. I was not able to overlay a text widget over the image as per your code (I created the widget but it failed to overlay over the image.). I gave up on that and added the content to the image via Photoshop.
I added the utility bar as per Carrie’s instructions but I cannot get the header working, nor can I get the logo to show properly. The logo and the nav is covered by the utility bar. For reference, the site in question is http://www.jtrac.ca.
This tutorial covers the following customizations to Minimum Pro v3.2.1:
- add a Utility Bar and make it along with the site header fixed
- add an inline logo
- remove Header Right widget area and relocate Primary Nav to header
- register a custom Nav Social Menu widget area and display a Simple Social Icons widget placed in it inside the header
- wrap Primary Nav and Nav Social Menu inside a div.nav-social and float it to right
- replace the fixed backstretch image with a regular full width responsive image
- register a custom Home Below Header widget area and overlay it centered on the above image
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.