In the comments section of How to make Utility Bar and Header fixed in Minimum Pro, a user asked:
Hi , I am using the latest version: version 3.2.1, purchased May 18, 2016 For background information purposes, what I am trying to do is to have a fixed utility bar (as per Carrie Dills) with a fixed header. I want a responsive image and I want a Genesis header with logo, primary nav and social icons in line with the logo in the header. I have used your information to generate the responsive image. I was not able to overlay a text widget over the image as per your code (I created the widget but it failed to overlay over the image.). I gave up on that and added the content to the image via Photoshop. I added the utility bar as per Carrie’s instructions but I cannot get the header working, nor can I get the logo to show properly. The logo and the nav is covered by the utility bar. For reference, the site in question is http://www.jtrac.ca.This tutorial covers the following customizations to Minimum Pro v3.2.1:
- add a Utility Bar and make it along with the site header fixed
- add an inline logo
- remove Header Right widget area and relocate Primary Nav to header
- register a custom Nav Social Menu widget area and display a Simple Social Icons widget placed in it inside the header
- wrap Primary Nav and Nav Social Menu inside a div.nav-social and float it to right
- replace the fixed backstretch image with a regular full width responsive image
- register a custom Home Below Header widget area and overlay it centered on the above image
Step 1Edit functions.php. a) Replace
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.