Recently I finished custom work for a gentleman that involved creating a Page Template in Genesis that shows Posts in tabular format grouped by their categories with sorting and search options available in the front-end. Full page screenshot. Requirements:
- Displays Posts from each category organized by category with the categories in ascending order.
- Within each set of categories, latest Posts should be shown first i.e., sorted by date in descending order.
- Each set should be displayed as a Data Table with sorting, filtering via a search (as you type field) capabilities.
- Each category table should have these columns: Post title (link) | Author | Date | Tags (links) | Views
- Category tables need to show first 25 items with pagination option.
- Language to be in Spanish
- Be able to apply this Page Template to different Pages and limit the output to specific category/categories using a custom field such as query_args, similar to how it's possible when using the Blog Template that comes with Genesis.
Step 1Download DataTables and extract the contents.
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.