Recently I finished custom work for a gentleman that involved creating a Page Template in Genesis that shows Posts in tabular format grouped by their categories with sorting and search options available in the front-end.
- Displays Posts from each category organized by category with the categories in ascending order.
- Within each set of categories, latest Posts should be shown first i.e., sorted by date in descending order.
- Each set should be displayed as a Data Table with sorting, filtering via a search (as you type field) capabilities.
- Each category table should have these columns:
Post title (link) | Author | Date | Tags (links) | Views
- Category tables need to show first 25 items with pagination option.
- Language to be in Spanish
- Be able to apply this Page Template to different Pages and limit the output to specific category/categories using a custom field such as query_args, similar to how it's possible when using the Blog Template that comes with Genesis.
In this article I am sharing the result of my half a day's research and trial & error on putting together the 'Category Tables' solution.
Download DataTables and extract the contents.
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.