In my Facebook group a user asked,
Is there a tutorial on adding an additional featured background widget area to the Parallax Pro homepage? The theme comes with 5 widget areas by default. I'd like to have 7, with the 7th one having a parallax background image. I know how to add the additional widget areas in the function and front-page files. But I don't know how to add the background image in the customizer and make it have parallax scrolling. Anyone? Thanks!In this article we shall
- register two additional Home Section 6 and Home Section 7 widget areas
- display the widgets placed in these widget areas on front page
- include Home Section 7 in 'Background Images' section of the customizer so its background image can be changed in the back-end
- remove duplication of code in parallax.js by using jQuery.each() function to act on an array of selectors for the home sections 3, 5 and 7
- include Home Section 7 along with 1, 3 and 5 sections in the stylesheet where background properties are set
Step 1Add the following in Parallax Pro's functions.php:
To view the full content, please sign up for the membership.
Already a member? Log in below or here.